Major Research Efforts of Faculty:
Drs. Saidi, Philipp, Rose, Harrison, and Michaels
- Screening for Bleeding Disorders in women with menorrhagia.
- Elevated Factor VII as a risk factor for recurrent fetal loss
- Association of intrauterine growth restriction with maternal and fetal hemostatic risk factors.
- Role of a hemophilia treatment center in the management of women with menorrhagia.
- Integration and Prevention Services for persons with bleeding and clotting disorders.
- Management of Menorrhagia in women with bleeding disorders.
- Universal Data and Serum Specimen Collection System for Hemophilia.
- Platelet abnormalities in women with unexplained menorrhagia.
- Recombinant antihemophilic factor without added human or animal protein: previously treated severe Hemophilia A.
- Recombinant antihemophilic factor without added human or animal protein: severe Hemophilia A patients undergoing surgery.
- Epidemiologic study of placental abruption.
- Age and the Prevalence of Bleeding Disorders in women with menorrhagia.
- Utility of bleeding time and platelet function analyzer in women with menorrhagia.
- Open Label Study to Characterize the Safety and Efficacy of BDDrFVIII Manufactured by the Albumin Free Process (ReFacto AF) in the Treatment of Previously Treated Patients (PTP) with Severe Hemophilia A.
- Open-Label Single Arm, Safety and Efficacy Study of Recombinant Human Factor IX (rFIX; BeneFIX®) in Children Less than 6 years of age with severe Hemophilia B.
- Open Label, Safety and Efficacy Study of Recombinant Human Factor IX (rFIX; BeneFIX) in previously treated patients (PTPs) with Hemophilia B (FIX: C £ 2%).
- NovoSeven® (rFVIIa) by Single Dose for Home Treatment of Joint Bleeds in Hemophilia Patients with Inhibitors: A Pilot, Double-Blind Study versus Standard Multiple Doses of Novoseven and Open-Label FEIBA®.